|Steamed Pork Dumplings
- 300g pork mince
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 30 fresh wonton wrappers
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
1. Combine mince, onion, garlic, bamboo shoot, rice wine, white pepper and oil in a bowl. Season with salt.
2. Place 1 teaspoon mixture into centre of 1 wonton wrapper. Brush edges with water. Fold wonton over to make a triangle. Bring base corners of triangle together. Press firmly to join.
3. Line base of a large steamer basket with baking paper. Place dumplings, in a single layer, in basket. Pour water into a wok until one-quarter full. Bring to the boil over high heat. Place steamer over wok, ensuring base doesn’t touch water. Steam dumplings for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
4. Combine ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and coriander in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Serve with dumplings.