- 2 leeks white part finely sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 250g / 1/4 cabbage finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- 250 grams goats Fetta
- 150 grams ricotta
- Cumin seeds
- Phyllo pastry sheets
- Melted butter
- Mint leaves
- Flesh of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Melt a dob of butter in a large frying pan and then add some olive oil ( the oil will stop the butter burning).
- Add the onion, cook until in softens and then add the leeks and soften.
- Add the cabbage, cumin powder and crushed fennel seeds and cook until the cabbage has softened.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- When cool add the ricotta and about 200 grams of the Fetta and stir well. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as required (Fetta is quite salty so be careful when adding salt).
- Mix it all together well.
- While the mixture is cooling prepare the dressing by mixing the mint leaves, lemon, lemon juice and olive oil together and stir well.
- To assemble the scroll place one filo sheet on a clean surface and brush with butter then place another filo sheet on top. Place the filling in a thin line length ways along the pastry edge, roll up length ways.
- Starting in the middle of a 24cm pie pan or shallow cake dish coil the roll seam side down. Repeat with the remain filling and pastry until the pan is filled.
- Brush the pie with butter and scatter the crumbled feta on the top and sprinkle on the remaining teaspoon of cumin seeds. Bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve with a green leafy salad.